Saturday, March 22, 2008

March Madness - Second Round, Saturday

For those of you looking for a pool update, I will try to post the scores before the Badger game starts today. Also, for anyone interested in seeing my own picks, I will be scanning my brackets and posting those online. On to the preview of today's action:

Best Matchups

No. 6 Marquette vs. No. 3 Stanford

I'm looking forward to watching this game because of the matchup problems both teams present to each other. Stanford has the Lopez twins, two 7-footers who dominate the post area, while Marquette features a trio of very good guards. It will be interesting to see which team is able to emphasize their strengths and prevail.

No. 5 Michigan St. vs. No. 4 Pittsburgh

Both of these teams are on a roll right now and playing some of their best basketball of the season. Tonight's game will most likely be a very physical contest, and whoever emerges as the winner will have a great shot at potentially upsetting Memphis in the Sweet Sixteen.


My Picks (3-7 overall)

Yesterday was a pretty rough one for picking games, and I went 0-5. I guarantee at least one of these will be right today:

No. 2 Duke beats No. 7 West Virginia
No. 5 Notre Dame beats No. 4 Washington St.
No. 3 Stanford beats No. 6 Marquette
No. 4 Pittsburgh beats No. 5 Michigan St.
No. 1 UCLA beats No. 9 Texas A&M


Quick Links

A preview of today's UW-Kansas St. game.

Michael Hunt discusses issues surrounding Michael Beasley.

A look at Washington St.'s defense.

No comments: