Saturday, April 5, 2008

Final Four

UCLA vs. Memphis, 5:07 pm

Kansas vs. UNC, 7:47 pm

The four remaining teams face a tremendous amount of pressure tonight. Not only are they playing for a spot in the national championship game (Monday night), but they also need to live up to the hype that has been surrounding these matchups.

This is of course the first time that four #1 seeds have reached this stage of the Tournament, and these four teams have arguably been the best four schools throughout the season. It's hard to pick one of these teams to cheer for, as all four of them are deserving of a chance at the national title.

All of my brackets are essentially kaput at this point, so instead of cheering for my picks, I can cheer for which teams I would like to see in the title game - Kansas and UCLA. UNC has recently won a national championship and I'm not a big fan of Memphis' style of play (or their coach). I've really enjoyed watching both Kansas and UCLA play this past season, and appreciate their commitment to teamwork on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court.

No comments: