Thursday, March 27, 2008

For The Record

Instead of picking who I think will win (which is obviously a futile exercise), I thought I'd share who I would like to win this weekend. Here are a few matchups I'd like to see later in the Tournament:

1. Final Four - Wisconsin vs. Washington St.

Two similar teams, a wealth of intriguing storylines, and a big "stick-it-to-'em" to all of the college basketball analysts that dump on these two teams.

2. Final Four - Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

Bruce Pearl vs. Bo Ryan, in a matchup of two former UW-Milwaukee head coaches.

3. Final Four - Texas vs. UCLA

I would love to watch the nation's two best point guards play against each other (D.J. Augustin vs. Darren Collison), especially because I missed the game back in December when Texas won by 2 points.

4. National Championship - Wisconsin vs. UCLA

What better way for the Badgers to win their first national title since 1941, than against the fabled program of UCLA? Not to mention the fact that this would be one of the greatest defensive matchups in recent history.

No comments: